Dear Parent / Guardian,
The BoM and the School Leadership Team have been working to ensure a safe return to school for all pupils and staff in two weeks’ time. We have now finalised our plans for drop-off and collection of the children every day.
Dripsey NS appreciates your support as we try to safely reopen the school building. If at all possible we request you not to come into the school playground or into the school building unless it is essential. We appreciate that dropping off the Infant pupils to their yard may be necessary, but for the older pupils a drop off in the yard is desirable. Working together we hope to be able to progress the reopening in as safe a manner as possible for all.
We would ask all parents to familiarise themselves with the following drop-off and collection routines for the safe delivery and collection of pupils from school. Please be patient as we endeavour to embed these necessary precautionary and protective practices at the beginning of the school year.
It is imperative that
- adults do not come within 2m of each other
- parents do not try to have meetings with members of staff in the playground at drop-off and collection times – meetings between parents and teachers can only take place by prior arrangement. (This may have to be more restrictive depending on guidance – it is quite possible that the recommendation will be for remote meetings/telephonic communications.)
- all parents adhere to the drop-off and collection plans as outlined below
- Students from First Class, Second Class, Third Class and Fourth class are to be dropped off between 9:00 and 9:10. These students will be going to class at 9:10 and commencing their school day.
- Students from Junior Infants, Senior Infants, Fifth Class and Sixth class are to be dropped off between 9:10 and 9:20.
On the first morning (September 1st), the Junior Infants are to be brought to their classroom door at 9:25. After this, it will be left to the discretion of these parents to bring their child to the door (once the other classes have left the yard) or to bring their child to the yard (while following Public health guidelines)
- The School Bus will be arriving shortly before 9:10 so as to facilitate the above. Parents with children in both drop-offs may do likewise.
If a child arrives late he/she is to go to the external door of their classroom for entry. The classes will be entering and exiting the building via these doors for the foreseeable so they will know where to go if necessary.
- Students from First Class, Second Class, Third Class and Fourth class are to be collected at 2:50.
- Students from Fifth Class and Sixth class are to be collected at 3:00.
- Infants are to be collected at 2:00 (Junior Infants will be finishing at 12:00 until September 11th and it is anticipated that they will be finishing at 12:50 for the 2 weeks from September 14th. Miss Dineen will inform you of the precise date in the middle of the week of September 7th
If a parent needs to collect a child at a time other than the above, please inform the school in advance and collect the child from their classroom’s external door.